Pages

Dead End Path

murphyz
Sometimes you venture on taking on a new jogging path but after running on it for some time you find yourself at a dead end. You stop and lose your momentum. You decide to go back and start again.

A few weeks ago I found myself at a near dead end. I mean, almost no more clients to write for. I'm a jagero, a blogger and a web content writer. One client has limited the topics I can write about to 3 a week and only for April. No more next month. The other client totally stopped giving me topics to write about.

So I find myself stopping and having no other option but to go back and try to start again. Where do I start? Anyway, I'm starting to get bored with writing for clients. I want to make money from my own blogs. I have several blogs I am developing and monetizing, but so far they have made me little money, unlike bloggers and e-book writers I have read about who are making lots of money.

Sometimes, they say that dead ends only mean new and better pathways will be opened for you. I really hope God would do this for me soon and start enabling my blogs and e-books to make money. I have been advertising them and promoting them on social sites regularly. I target my audience systematically and reach those who have need of the e-books. I have tried all that. Still to no avail.

It's not the blogging or e-book online selling or advertising techniques that make you successful. That I've come to believe. But it's God's approval. Without God allowing you to make money on what you do, you won't be able to sell. Everything depends on God's approval. You do your best, but the final outcome depends on God's decision. That's why everything depends on God's grace, not your ability or smartness, which other people think it is.

God may allow you to make a lot of money just because he wants to. It's not because of any merit you have or because of any technique or system you use. I've seen a lot of systems that made some guys rich while making others bankrupt. And it's the same when God does not allow you to make money, for some reason. On my case, I hope God does not allow me yet, but will soon.

It's like jogging. You can jog all you want, but the results come strictly from God. I have seen folks who have been jogging all their lives and yet remain overweight. Most of my jagero mates in the neighborhood are like that. I've also seen joggers who jog on and off and yet maintain impressive figures and weights. I've also read about runners who were in tiptop shape and yet suddenly died while running. And there are folks who just brisk walk and maintain good health but suddenly get run over by a vehicle on the road.

There are regular joggers who, for some reason, get sick and that affected their jogging routine.

Are all dead end paths precursors of something better? Some dead ends are just that---dead ends. Dying people find that out in their death beds. There is a time when you finally come to a dead end in your life that tells you this is it. Reflective joggers realize this. You cannot run forever. It will stop at some point.

Is there jogging after death? I firmly believe there is. I wonder how it would be running on heaven's streets of pure gold? There, you won't be running for health anymore. You will just run for the fun of it. And there are no dead end paths there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am a jogger, but it's not jogging that I want to talk about here. I want to talk about the other side of a jogger's life. His other thoughts, feelings and ideas.